A plane journey… a plain journey?

I’m sitting in a blue seat, which fits me with just a bit more room, with a thin miserable blanket on my lap and two tiny feathered pillows on my back.  The tiny screen that is stuck to the back of the seat right in front of me tells me that we are estimated to arrive in 3 hours 30 minutes and that we are flying more than 10,000m above sea level, at 924 km/h somewhere in the middle of the South China Sea.  I have been watching Transformers being  played over and over again on the screen for the passenger sitting  adjacent to the person in front of me.  Not that I’m complaining as I really liked that movie… but the woman watching it cannot seem to stay awake long enough to ever finish it!

My journey this morning started at 7am, when we left the house.  Ken very kindly helped me drag my suitcase (which isn’t big nor heavy) to the Westin Hotel @ Ebisu where I caught the 7.30am bus, arriving at Narita Airport Terminal 2 at 9.15am.  Though my flight was at 10.30am, thanks to the joys of online check-in, and a half-empty flight, I could get to the airport just 60 mins before the flight time.  I was unsurprised though when I arrived at the airport to find out that I still had to line-up at the same queue as everyone else, regardless of whether I had already checked-in online or not.  If the flight was full, I am sure that we would have been delayed.

Anyway, I slept like a baby on the bus, which was bad news as it usually means that I then would not be able to sleep on the plane.  Didn’t have much time for shopping at the airport, so just got the most important thing… which was a bottle of 17 years of Hibiki.  Hmm… I’m looking forward to tasting that later!  I texted my Sis to let her know that I was on my way, then called Ken before I boarded.

Though the flight isn’t that full, people are pretty scattered across the flight, making it seem fuller than it is.  Loads of people are taking up two seats (guilty!) and some even three!  First plane meal was lunch and I had chicken teriyaki with rice.  It came with a seafood and potato salad with a side noodle.  As usual, I walloped everything but the bread roll.

I know I really should be studying Japanese, but I really want to finish Brisinger (third book of Eragon), so I started reading it on the plane.  Got through about 200 pages before I zonked out for an hour.  After that nap, I decided that it has been too long since my last blog, so I started writing.  Oh yes… I got myself a coffee first and finished off my むしケーキ(steam bun) which I had half of for breakfast on the bus, whilst writing this blog.

So anyway, just trying to think of how I should pass the next couple of hours, and I think I’m going to have to watch The Proposal again.  Absolutely loved it (it’s been a while since here has been a good chick flick), so perhaps that’s a good idea!?  We’ll see…

My journey back to Malaysia this time is to celebrate two birthdays; a one year old birthday and a 60 year old birthday!  My niece and my Dad.  It’s only a six-day trip, so I’m still not sure if I will get to catch-up with friends, or whether this will be a family only affair… but as with all our trips back home, I’ll play it by ear!  All I know at the moment is that I’m going to be eating loads!

Ken didn’t get to join me on the trip because of work, but hopefully we’ll be heading back home again for Chinese New Year next year.  We’re also planning a holiday during the winter break (don’t know where to yet), so looking forward to it!

In the meantime, I’ll try to keep you updated on this trip, but I can’t promise you that it will be more than a food log!  :)

Selamat sejahtera!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s